WinSpy++ is a handy programmer’s utility which can be used to select and view the properties of any window in the system. WinSpy is based around the Spy++ utility that ships with Microsoft Visual Studio.
WinSpy++ can obtain the following window properties:
- Window Class and Name.
- Window procedure address.
- All window styles and extended styles.
- Window properties (set using the SetProp API call).
- Complete Child and Sibling window relationships.
- Scrollbar positional information.
- Full window Class information.
New in version 1.5!
- Retrieve passwords from password-edit controls!
- Edit window styles!
- Alter window captions!
- Show / Hide / Enable / Disable / Adjust any window in the system!
- Massively improved user-interface!
- View the complete system window hierarchy!
New in version 1.6!
- Multi-monitor support!
- Now works correctly for all versions of Windows.
New in version 1.7!
- Windows Vista support
- Tree hierarchy now groups by process.
Windows 95, 98, ME, Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP Requires common controls library 4.x or greater.