HexEdit is a hexadecimal file editor for Microsoft Windows. HexEdit allows the user to view and edit any type of file, no matter what format it is saved in.
With a maximum file size limit of 16Exabytes (17,179,869,184 gigabytes!!), HexEdit can cut, copy, paste, insert and delete any amount of data with no decrease in performance with larger files. With unlimited multi-level undo and redo capability, no matter how large the file, HexEdit brings a new level of control over file editing.
HexEdit 2.0 has been fully open-sourced under the MIT licence. Visit github.com/strobejb/HexEdit to clone the sourcecode repository using Git, or download the entire source bundle as a single Zip file.
- 16 Exabyte files - opens files of any size, with no decrease in performace
- Unlimited Undo & Redo
- Modify file time-stamps
- Search & Replace for Hex, Ascii, Unicode and Numeric data
- Flexible hex display options (hex, decimal, binary, byte, word, dword)
- Fill data ranges
Custom types & structure viewer
- TypeView provides a structured view on top of a file’s raw hex bytes
- Underlying structure of a file can interpreted and modified through the TypeView window
- Supports full C syntax for structure definitions
- Structures can be edited within HexEdit, or in an external source editor
Bookmarks and Annotations
- Bookmarks and annotaitons within the hex display
- Annotate any range(s) of bytes within a file
- Fast access to saved bookmarked positions, through the bookmark viewer.
- Automatically saves bookmarks for future use
Import & Export files or clipboard data, using many different formats of data:
- Hex, Ascii & Raw data
- Base64, UUEncode
- Intel Hex & Motorola S-Records
- C++, Assembler
Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 32bit & 64bit versions available